School started today. I prefer summer over school, but I guess you early birds don't mind waking up before ten. My bed hasn't felt this warm since May, I tell ya!
Anywho, I had a good summer.
I didn't do anything to exciting. No trip to Africa or tour of Europe. Just plain ol' sleeping in and staying at home. And camp for three weeks. I didn't even see my friends more than a few times, and as much as I love them, it was a nice break from real life. :)
We did go down south to visit grandparents a few weeks ago.
And way up north to the Upper Peninsula.
And up north, but a different state, a couple times. Beautiful sunsets... I hate living by a city.
Summer was good. School today? Not-so-good. It was certainly not bad, and I enjoyed it for the most part. It is a knee jerking transition, though, going from perfection to school. I will certainly be back in the swing of things this time next week, math and all.
Thank you very much to my sweet blogging friend, Jazzmin, for nominating me for this award!
I love everything about summer. No school, the beautiful weather, no school, amazing sunsets, no school, lot's of down time, no school, camp, flowers and all the summer colors, and most importantly, no school. :)
As part of this award, I am to answer the ten questions that Jazzmin created for her nominees. Here they are:
1. What is your passion in life or your most favorite hobby that you are passionate about?
Photography. I love being able to capture and preserve beautiful moments in life that we will never get back. I love the community aspect of it, and I am always in the midst of an online class or two (or three).
I am also very passionate about orphan care, specifically China. I firmly believe that we are commanded by God to care for orphans and widows. I love adoption as well, but I believe that visiting orphans and caring for them is just as important. Adoption is not the calling of every Christian family. Actually, I need to write a blog post about my thoughts on orphan care vs. adoption.
This has nothing to do with this, but a really good friend from school, Lauren, just got adopted baby sister last night. She had texted me, but (of course) I wasn't getting a signal. About an hour ago, I finally got her texts. I think Jazzmin heard me scream all the way from Texas. How loud was it, Jazzmin? :) It has truly been a blessing to watch this journey unfold.
2. What is your favorite bible verse that most strengthens you?
How can I just choose one?
3. Where in the world would you like to travel to for your next vacation?
China, China, China. There was a missions trip I was hoping to go on this summer and it looked like it was going to work, but God just didn't open up that door.
I also saw a special on TV about a resort in the Indian Ocean. It is absolutely beautiful, but really, I am not a millionaire.
Honestly, I don't care where I go, as long as there is no school.
4. What about blogging do you most enjoy?
I love the community aspect of blogging. Getting to know and be blessed by sweet friends I would not know otherwise is a (fun) blessing.
5. Your favorite style of music?
I listen to mostly Christian contemporary music.
6. Do you know what your name means?
Nope. :) I don't really like my name, which is why I shorten it to "Ty" mostly. People at school call me Ty, and friends from camp and my parents and everyone else in the world call me my full name.
7. What type of landscape do you find most beautiful: mountains, prairies, canyons, beaches, etc.?
Really, I don't have a preference. Vacation is vacation and as long as there is no school, I am happy. I guess I like beaches, if I had to choose, because of the gorgeous sunsets.
8. What is something nostalgic to you about your childhood that you cherish in your memories?
I have so many special memories with my grandmother. When I was younger, she would take me to the dollar store to pick out things. I remember that as a special time. She would also paint with me and take me to the park and read "Ramona Quimby" books to me.
9. Which season is your favorite?
Well, I love summer because of no school and Spring because I can see the horizon of no school (do you sense a trend going on here)? I like fall because it is the best time for photography, and winter because of snow. In conclusion, I like all seasons, but summer is the best because of no school, but Fall and Winter have the best weather.
10. If you could be a prodigy at something, what would you want it to be?
Doing homework quickly? :) I am not sure. I like not being super-duper-knock-your-socks-off-paparazzi-worthy good at stuff.
Here are the question for my beautiful nominees:
1. Do you have any pet peeves?
2. I am in a breakfast rut. Tell me what you typically eat for breakfast.
3. Have you had any super awkward moments lately? (Sorry, I want to hear :) )
4. Are you better with babies or older people?
5. What all is on your Christmas wish list so far? (I made mine in May)
6. If you could go anywhere in the world, for free, tomorrow, where would it be?
7. What all have you done this summer?
8. Tell me about your siblings!
9. Dating or Courting?
10. What traits do you admire and not admire in guys?